Argh!

Not counting total RAM that determines how fast I can run some games and memory heavy programmes, I have just realised that the crappy £600 pound AMD mobile Athalon laptop with just 256MB ram (the BARE Minimum just to run windows XP)that I use in the office is actually more than 2 times as fast as my 2.4GHz Intell Pentium IIII when it is just used to do basic numeric data processing. Just found out when I checked how fast my SETI thingie runs. As can be seen from the screenshot, it took me more than 8 hours to get to about 25% done for my data unit on this home computer while it takes less than 3 hours to do 25% in the laptop in the office!
On another note, here is proof that the dodgy little shits at Royal Mail does nick my post, esp cards and what nots. They DO open cards or just simply nick them hoping to find some money inside. An elderly couple had their thank you card opened and a note saying "Dear customer, We had to open this letter to check for money or credit cards, next time, make sure there is some money! Love, Royal Mail."
The only difference between this and mine, is that my mail man is prob a little smarter, or just plain lazy. He just nicks the cards and credit cards and dont bother to deliver the card if it does not contain any money. Oh the basturds. I've got to check with my credit card company AGAIN. My credit card is still not here yet after so long.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home