Bad start of a week. Travel is going to be hell tomorrow evening and on the whole of Wednesday as the Retarded Menial Toads are still going to be on strike. That means that basically, London is going to be ground to a halt again.
Shit no 2. All my PhD work on cloning has gone down the drain. The most brilliant of my Post Doc had given me and misled me to use the wrong vector. I had been questioning him about the suitability of the vector to clone my stuff and he assured me that it was alright, although it has a SV40 (Simian Virus 40, aka Monkey HIV) promoter inside it. He had even claimed that it was all right and he had spoken to someone in Promega (the company that makes my vectors) and had be adviced to use that instead of the basic (empty vector)I raised the problem to my main supervisor today again and she decided to give a call to Promega because she was also feeling a little iffy about it. Well done, Promega confirmed that my insert had gone into the wrong vector and it was effectively useless. I was right and Promega deined ever giving any advice to anyone that inserts can go into the control vector. Well done! All my work has now gone down the drain and I have to repeat everything from scratch.
Oh well, Tim Henman is on the telly again and I am watching him trying to get through again. Well, at least british tennis seems to be doing better than the football. The past 2 random Henman matches that I saw live on telly this year has seen him scrape through with quite a bit of a struggle. At least in tennis, its not that easy for a refree to be biased.
Whatever. I am too pissed off and tired to go on.

Hi Zhis! *waves*
Here is your cow bell. Its still in my 'things to bring home next time I go back to Singapore' box. AS you can see, its still pretty well wrapped up. I had to unwrap it to take the photo.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home