A Comedy, A Tragedy and A Mama Drama 
  corner   



There is nothing that can resist change, There are no stories that will not end, Even though its hard to acknowledge that, But this is the reality. The ending of a season, Is the begining of a new one.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jinworks. Make your own badge here.


HOME

ARCHIVES


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

NONY

GremZ

Bubblybabbles

Faith

Woof

Rekage

Zhis

Boliaowoman

Whinesaurus

Hongming

DeOriginalOne

hayashikaho

jerry08cherry

tragicurlyhip

chicago_red

Justin WTC

Ron

[reflex@UK]

M1

StrikingReality

The WeatherPixie

I have little hair because my brain is so big it pushes the hair out - Silvio Berlusconi


Powered by Blogger


 

Friday, August 13, 2004



Friends of Fraser

I have homechoice now, and now, together with my housemate’s Frasier videos, I seem to have an unlimited number of Frasier episodes to watch. If you have never watched Fraser, let me just say its one of the most therapeutic comedies that I have ever come across.

Was catching one of the middle episodes in series 3 where Frasier is suddenly aware of his acute lack of friends and he tries and invites his listeners to call in and offers his friendship to them. Ross thinks he is nuts and will be inviting all sorts of weirdoes to call in and try to befriend him. As usual, Ross is right and he is flooded with thousands of calls and faxes from the really weird and whacky ones, but somehow, one fax that came through sounded normal. A professional photographer that was touched by Fraser’s show.

The show then goes on around the theme of how Frasier tries to befriend this guy, invites him to coffee and then going out on a limb to become a good friend and the supposedly normal guy turns out to be a total stalking whacko obsessed with barbecue.

This just got me wondering. How many blog readers that come across a blog will read it over a couple of entries and then, after some time, reach out and chat to or e-mail the blogger. Have other bloggers out there be sent e-mails by strangers offering their friendships? Sometimes, when we read one or two other blogs, we end up being to see the side of the blogger that is hidden away during their normal lives. Sometimes, some may share the more intimate information over the blog that they would not think of sharing with others around them, making us the readers feel a privileged lot. We may even feel compelled to say hi to them, feeling that we sort of “know” the other person at the other end of the e-mail. Has this happened to you?


It has happened to me for the few rare times since I started this blog. Nothing much happened for my first blog which lasted for one year. I am glad to say, for my case, the occasional rare individuals that did end up communicating have turned out to be perfectly normal, or at least as far as I can see as of now. To top it up, I have managed to make two friends that I really treasure very much and are very special to me now. Friends that have totally changed the course of my life and friends that have shaped me and help make me what I am today. Friends that I would treasure and hang on tightly to throughout life.

For this, I really appreciate it and maybe, this is one of the reasons why I am still blogging even though the original initiating cause for me to start my blog has long since been gone.

Oh well, I should just count myself lucky that the ppl that I met through blogging were all nice and perfectly normal guy/gal next door, or maybe, its just because that I seem so whacked anyway, that the whacked ones dint dare to make contact or return contact.
Whatever it may be, I sincerely thank you all whom read my blog every now and then. Thanks for being a part of my life.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading your blog! it's funny... -lr

8:06 am  
Blogger KT said...

Thanks LR!

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home