Just a quick update after a shitty weekend (literally, cos I am having the squirts!!!!!)
Been in the lab on Saturday and Sunday clearing up some old experiments and trying to give some morale and occasional techanical support to the Greek MSc student that is with us.
Dad finally called on this morning after dissappearing to china on a last minute notice. He is back and really happy with the trip. That made me realise something. I know what makes me happy nowadays. The nut in the lab can throw as much shit as she wants at me, but when I hear my parents voices, expressing their joy and happiness, it seems to make everything feel allright. Maybe its all part of growing up. You start to realise that the world does not revovle you anymore and what matters most to you is your family, and ultimately your happiness depends on their health and happiness, not what others can dish in your face. Maybe I am talking rubbish here, but then again, how can I not, considering that I just left the lab at 2 am in the morning and walked home, and had really squirts twice since, maybe my head is indeed loosing a few marbles.
Whatever. I am not upset and feeling sorry for my self anymore. I am not ranting mad anymore.. I am just doing to start building a strong, infiallable brick and motar wall behind me, making sure that I take a stand and will be able to defend myself should the nut want to try to bring me down. After all, I am the last one left that she has yet to attempt to destroy professionally, and it seems that she had some interest building up in that idea..... Backing myself up with loads of experiments, and keeping a black and white record of everything that I am doing in the lab, or is told by her to do in the lab, so that is she turns on me, its all there.
Had taken a really cute photo of the dustbin the the hospital, but cant find the cable to link my phone to the computer. Will upload froggie when I can find the cable. Wait for him. He is just like the recycling frog that we used to see in the Singapore adverts.
Off to bed now. Need to be in A&E at 8 am later.


2 Comments:
hey, glad to hear that you're feeling better! :) -lr
Thanks! Hope you are having fun back home.... I cant wait to go back!
KT
Post a Comment
<< Home