My meals for today and yesterday really does not make any sense at all.
I was back in Singapore for 2 weeks and 2 days and I only had Japanese food once. Its not that I dint like it but there was not much opportunities to eat Japanese. Wished I could have tried the new yoshinoya bowl thingie.

Anyway, since I came back, I seemed to have more “Singaporean” food than when I was in Singapore. Lunch at the refractory was chicken kebab. Not kebab the Turkish kind,
a huge lump of meat roasting on a stick vertically,
but more like satay. Long bamboo skewers with chunks of chicken breast spaced by peppers, mushrooms and onions.
My housemate’s dad is up here in UK he cooked chicken curry last night. Not the UK kind of chicken tika masala but the proper Singaporean chicken curry, with chicken wings, drumsticks and yes, POTATO! I think other than Singapore, I don’t know of any other region that cooks a meat curry with potato.
Today tops the Japanese food. Breakfast was healthy English, Marks and Spencer’s Strawberry and Almond Crunch with Cravendale skimmed milk. Almost as English as you can get without the unhealthy fry ups. Lunch was at a Japanese restaurant in Centrepoint. I had the Bento set (~£15) which included
1) Sashimi of 3 kinds of fish. I managed to identify Salmon, Tuna and there was one white one that I can’t determine.
2) Sushi of sweet prawn, salmon (raw), squid (raw) and another thingie that seemed like clam.
3) Miso soup with bits of what seemed like bamboo shoots inside.
4) Deep fried chicken with bulldog tonkatsu sauce.
5) One deep friend prawn
6) Deep fried something that felt like a potato cake of some kind.
7) Honeydew melon, strawberry and kiwi.
Am not usually that extravagant but 3 of us came out to celebrate a friend’s passing of her viva.
Dinner was with Sinners and Swint. At another “Japanese” restaurant. The Hare and Tortoise in Russell Square. I had Japanese curry. I think it was called something like something something katsu don. Not sure what was it called but it had a curry with carrots and potato, a deep fried chicken cutlet and rice.
I think I need a detox!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home