A Comedy, A Tragedy and A Mama Drama 
  corner   



There is nothing that can resist change, There are no stories that will not end, Even though its hard to acknowledge that, But this is the reality. The ending of a season, Is the begining of a new one.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jinworks. Make your own badge here.


HOME

ARCHIVES


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

NONY

GremZ

Bubblybabbles

Faith

Woof

Rekage

Zhis

Boliaowoman

Whinesaurus

Hongming

DeOriginalOne

hayashikaho

jerry08cherry

tragicurlyhip

chicago_red

Justin WTC

Ron

[reflex@UK]

M1

StrikingReality

The WeatherPixie

I have little hair because my brain is so big it pushes the hair out - Silvio Berlusconi


Powered by Blogger


 

Monday, October 11, 2004



S is for.....

S is for Sunday. This is an entry for something that happened yesterday but I was just too tired to blog. Anyway, the letter for the week is S.

S is for Safeway. Safeway is Sucky. At least, that’s my verdict on Safeway in Bloomsbury. Its huge, its much larger than the Sainsbury in Muswell Hill, but the stuff they carry seems to be so pathetic and silly. Would one be able to imagine that in a supermarket so big, there would not be any nail clipper nor lime scale remover? Nope, I took 20 mins to search about Safeway before I decided to seek help from one of their employees. And that brings me to the third S.

S is for Samad. Samad is Stupid. I found Samad at the bakery department when he was trying to put little sticky reduction stickers onto expiring food. I knew he was Samad because he had his nametag on the collar of his shirt instead of in the front. I asked Samad for help with nail clipper and lime scale remover. Samad could not fine me the nail clipper. That’s okay, that’s not his fault. Safeway sucks, don’t seem to stock such basic needs. Samad cant find the lime scale remover as well. We were at the cleaning and kitchen section for some time. It was not that bad, until Samad came up with his great idea.

“Lime scale remover? Used to clean things?”

Me: “Yes, to clean the kettle”

“Yesh, you want something to clean something? Grease and all? Here got a lot” he points to various kitchen cleaning products.

Me: “No, to clean kettle inside, lime scale, you know, the white stuff that builds up when you use the kettle to make tea?”

At this point, Samad passes me a Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner from the top left shelf. “ This oven cleaner very good. Can clean grease and all the black black things!”

I took the cleaner from him and tried again. “Kettle for making tea, boiling water, lime scale, white stuff”, keeping my words really slow just in case Samad cant catch my accent (thought I cont believe that I have a problem communicating generally)

“Yes, grease, dirt, rust, everything this can clean! “ Samad replies almost like an excited little kid that has found the secret ingredient to some magical recipe.

At this point, I really gave up and said thanks and walked off with the bottle of Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner. Samad happily goes back to sticking reduced price labels on bakery products. I went back the long way to replace the oven cleaner on the shelf. I am sure the oven cleaner cleans grease, rust, dirt and everything, but I am not exactly too keen to use it to clean a kettle that has a slight coating of lime scale (and eat through the element of the kettle or poison myself to death when I next use the kettle).

And if you thought the Sunday Saga was over, there was still one S left to go.

S is for Swipecard, S is for Shit. Shit, by the time I got to my office, I realised that I had left my swipecard at home and had to go all the way home to get my card.

So that’s the Summary of a Shitty Sunday, filled with incidents with the letter S.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home