
And as you walk along the coastline and head towards the middle of the bay, you get to the white tower, the symbol of Thessaloniki. Try to think of the bay as something like a huge boomerang, with this tower in the middle where the angle of the two edges meets. < Can’t quite remember what was the time by the time we got to this. All that I can remember is that the other 2 guys already spent some time in a café and had something to drink. I think I had coke as they ran out of fresh fruit juice and I was really hungry.
Looking at the tower, although its not exactly very huge, one can imagine how it must have seemed like a huge beacon home to the fishermen and sailors out at sea when it was first built and had a fire lit on the top back in the days of the Byzantium empire.. Maybe it was inspired by the great lighthouse at Alexandria. I’m not really sure about the history of it. Have to wait till evo comes back from his honeymoon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home